Since I can remember, I have always enjoyed getting to know people. There is just something special about making connections and building a relationship from scratch. Now reflecting back, I have realized that during those years I made some strong relationships because I took the time to ask questions and really get to know the person.
So, I decided to write a post today on 5 things you may not know about me, in addition to my 50 facts about me youtube vlog.
Here we go…
- I once didn’t eat any vegetables. It wasn’t until I joined my church in a fast of 21 days ( which I extended to 43 days) that I decided to not eat meat. This led me to search for meals that didn’t contain meat, and essentially change my palate. I learned to enjoy vegetables, and I no longer ask the waitress to leave out the yummy vegetables on my favorites dishes.
- I am sentimental. I love looking back at little gifts, ticket stubs, or pictures which remind me of people and memories that I really enjoyed. It just puts a smile on my face when I look at the small gifts my husband gave me before we got engaged.
- I have a teddy bear named Pinky. I have had Pinky for 27 years, and I can’t imagine not having her. She is the oldest possession I own and I have cried many nights thinking I lost her. She is safely resting on my headrest. She was manufactured by Huggies, and I wish I could find a new one to have and give to my future children. She kept me company in the incubator as I spent 2 months in NICU. So thankful I have her.
- I have too many nicknames. Some nick names are Net Net, Jeannie, Jae, Becky, JDub, JWhite… Some of these names are just used by one person, and really adore that they call me one of these names. My entire family calls me Becky and always feel “weird” when one of them call my Jeannette. It just doesn’t sound right coming from them.
- I don’t like cake. This is sort of true. I only like homemade vanilla cake or Pound Cake by Sara Lee. During my wedding day, I was dreading the cake eating portion because all I thought about was the disgusting face I would make while my husband fed me a bite. ( I was able to fake it for the pictures 🙂 )
If you would like to learn more feel free to check out my 50 Facts about Me Video Tag below:
So, now it’s your turn. Tell me 5 things about you in the comments below. Would love to get to you know you better.
-xoxo. Jeannette W.