Our baby Sarai is two weeks old. Boy, does time fly! It is hard to believe that just two weeks ago I gave birth to her. Now having her here and getting to know her, it is very difficult to think back to our lives when she wasn’t here.
My husband and I had a five year plan, and this year we celebrated 5 wonderful years of marriage. We wanted to make sure we had enough time together, and really had the time to focus on building a strong marriage. As we approached our 5 year anniversary, and counting down to December, to meet our daughter, we knew our lives were totally going to change. We are so happy with the change.
Now, we have new titles, mommy and daddy. It still sounds surreal that we are parents, and we have a two week old daughter. One of my favorite experiences so far, is falling more in love with my husband. What he has done not only during labor and delivery, but everything else to take care of us and help us get through these challenging few weeks is greatly appreciated. He has jumped into daddy role so easily, and I truly appreciate everything he is doing.
Well, like I mentioned in my prior post, I am hoping to keep friends and family updated on baby Sarai and our parenthood journey. During this week,…
- Found her thumb and sucks her thumb to sooth herself
- Gotten used to being fed with a bottle (difficult and currently working on getting her used to breastfeeding again)
- Gone to her 2 week pediatrician visit
- Has regained and passed her birth weight ( Yay!)
- Weighs 5 lbs 15.5 oz
- Grew taller and now measures 18.25 inches!
- Umbilical cord stump has fallen off
- Got her first manicure (Mommy learned to file her very sharp nails while nursing)
- Has started to sing again, especially after a really good feeding
- Continues to do well latching and breastfeeding
- Modeled in her newborn photoshoot
- Enjoys getting her diaper changed when she’s fed and happy
- Alert and opens her eyes wide
- Met her great aunt Tammy
- Likes to nap on mommy’s lap
Mommy and daddy:
- Took family photos with baby Sarai during her newborn photoshoot
- Mommy dealing with anxiety and working on ways to improve it
- Daddy can get Sarai to settle down faster than mommy
- Daddy and Mommy are working together to get more naps in the day
- Daddy seems to always hold her right when Sarai wants to have a bowel movement
- Cherish every moment we get to sleep and rest
Well, that is all for now. We are getting ready to host Christmas dinner in our house.
So happy to have our daughter and spend time with friends and family during the holidays.
Happy Holidays! Thanks so much for reading.
-xoxo. Jeannette W.